Parents will have the right to participate and will be encouraged and expected to get involved in their school, including the governance of their school.
Parent Contract & Involvement
Parental involvement is a requirement of admission to any Charter Schools of Excellence™. All families are required to read and sign a Parent Contract.
Each family commits to at least:
- 20 volunteer hours annually for one child.
- 30 volunteer hours annually for two or more children.
Volunteer hours can be fulfilled through activities involving:
- Education – Donating classroom supplies, supporting and/or assisting with classroom project, and supervising students on field trips.
- Administrative Support – Donating supplies and making photocopies.
- Committee/Team Support - participating on a Committee or Team.
Any eligible student who submits a timely application and whose parent(s) accept the conditions of the Parent Contract shall be considered eligible to enroll, unless the number of applications exceeds the capacity of a program, class, grade level, or building. Any premature vacancies will be filled the same way.
Students may withdraw from the school and at any time enroll in another public school as determined by school board policy.